Author: Jenn Elam
This 5-day intensive course will provide training in acquisition, processing, analysis and visualization of whole brain imaging and behavioral data using methods and tools developed by the WU-Minn-Oxford Human Connectome Project (HCP) consortium.
The course is designed for investigators interested in:
- using HCP-style data distributed by the Connectome Coordinating Facility (CCF) from the young adult (original) HCP and forthcoming projects
- acquiring and analyzing HCP-style imaging and behavioral data at your own institution
- processing your own non-HCP data using HCP pipelines and methods
- using Connectome Workbench tools and sharing data using the BALSAimaging database
- learning HCP multimodal neuroimaging analysis methods, including those that combine MEG and MRI data
- positioning yourself to capitalize on HCP-style data forthcoming from large-scale projects currently collecting data (e.g., Lifespan HCP development and aging and Connectomes Related to Human Disease projects)
Participants will learn how to acquire, analyze, visualize, and interpret data from four major MR modalities (structural MR, resting-state fMRI, diffusion imaging, task-evoked fMRI) plus magnetoencephalography (MEG) and extensive behavioral data. Lectures and labs will provide grounding in neurobiological as well as methodological issues involved in interpreting multimodal data, and will span the range from single-voxel/vertex to brain network analysis approaches.
The course is open to students, postdocs, faculty, and industry participants. The course is aimed at both new and current users of HCP data, methods, and tools, and will cover both basic and advanced topics. Prior experience in human neuroimaging or in computational analysis of brain networks is desirable, preferably including some familiarity with FSL and Freesurfer software.
For more info and to register visit the HCP Course 2018 website. New this year is the opportunity to add 6 nights of bed and breakfast accommodation (Sun June 24 - Fri June 29) at nearby Worcester College to your registration at a group, taxes included rate.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in Oxford!